The S.T.O.P Terrorism online course has been developed to teach you the skills required to identify anomalies and deviations that could indicate terrorist activity and prevent future attacks.
It provides training on terrorist motivations, ideologies, tactics, targeting, and weapons capabilities. It also delivers analysis of major international terrorist incidents, using video and realistic multimedia simulations to depict the gravity of the events, and illustrate the security errors that culminated in these attacks
Course Length: 4 hours
Availability: e-Learning & DVD
Terrorism Awareness includes 11 modules all delivered through text, video and narration making it ideal for self-study:
- Terrorism as a Phenomenon
- The Definition and Characteristics of Terrorism
- Aviation as an Attractive Target for Terrorists
- Political Agenda of Terrorists
- Past Events Analysis
- The Effect of the World Political Climate on Terrorism
- The Changing Threat
- Chemical, Biological & Radiological Threats
- Cyber Terrorism
- Future Challenges in the Aviation Industry
The Terrorism Awareness Test uses multiple choice, hot spot, drag and drop and true or false questions to assess the knowledge gained during the course.
Feedback is provided for each incorrectly answered question as well as an overall score at the end.
Who is the S.T.O.P. Terrorism course designed for?
This Terrorism Awareness Course is for all personnel working within Airports and other Secure Establishments including:
- All Security Staff
- Police Officers
- Customs Officers
- Reception Staff
- Cabin Crew
- Cargo Acceptance and Handling Staff
- Liaison Officers from Embassies and Consulates